Thursday, August 25, 2016

Countdown to Fall

Countdown to Fall week 2

This week I tried a new recipe that my Mom told me about. Crockpot spaghetti sauce sounded weird, but oh my gosh it was wonderful! I think I am hooked on this new method. 



It cooks all day for 6-8 hours and all the yumminess just melds together as it cooks down.  I will post the recipe below:

Crockpot spaghetti sauce:
4-8 large slicer tomatoes (depending on how many you are cooking for)
1 large chopped Onion
3-4 Minced garlic cloves
Salt 
Pepper
Basil
1 Tbsp honey
1-2 cans tomato paste (for thickening)
Fresh basil leaves at the last half hour

So basically you just throw all of this into the crockpot. I quarted my tomatoes first. Next time I think I will remove the skins as well. I put it on high for 3 hours and then turned it down to low the last 3 hours. The last 3 hours is when you will want to add a can or two of tomato paste. At the last half hour I added fresh basil, and it just made the sauce that much more delicious. You can use an immersion blender at the end if you have one to make the sauce all come together. I don't have one, so I used a potato masher, and it worked great because the tomatoes were already so cooked down. When it's all said and done...enjoy!! Mmm...

Yesterday my son enjoyed the new fall window clings I found at the dollar store. It didn't hold his attention for too long, but c'mon! Nothing holds a 1 1/2 year old's attention for more than a couple minutes at a time anyways. He had fun sticking and un-
sticking the pieces, and I had fun explaining what each picture was. Here is a shot of his hand at work ;)
I hope you are all enjoying the end of this summer season! Blessings! 

1 comment:

  1. Wow, what a sweet fall activity with your little guy! And, I love this sauce! :)

    ReplyDelete