Wednesday, August 10, 2016

Countdown to fall

Countdown to Fall!

Welcome to a new series I want to start for the month ahead. I love Fall so much that every year at about this time I get all antsy and feel the need to prepare my home for the coming season. Here is where I will share things I have found, and ways I plan to use them in my home. I hope to take you on a fall home tour when it all comes together at the beginning of next month. So here goes week one of counting down to fall!

I'll start with a small haul of items I have picked up. Dollar Tree is a huge favorite of mine for the fall and winter seasons. They have cute little decor pieces, and cute items for young kids as well...


They have super cute wall decor right now. I love the Farm Fresh sign I found in one of their boxes of wall art. I had to dig a little before I found what I liked. I picked up a cute pumpkin welcome sign for my front door. I am not sure how well it will hold up in colder weather, but it is only a dollar so I am not too worried. I picked up some cute stuffed owls to set around the house. My son will have fun with those. I also found 2 packets of colorful leaves that I can place around my dining table. I saw on pinterest a cute idea for using those to have your young child learn to rake them up with a play rake. I think my son would love something like that. It sounded like a good rainy day idea. Then I found some fun fridge magnets and window clings for "Bubba" and I to play around with. If you have not checked out dollar tree, now is the time! 
Here is my very small Hobby Lobby haul...
I was so thrilled to find the burlap banner to go over my fireplace mantle! I have always wanted one. It says Blessings and I thought it would be perfect for fall! Everything here cost me a measly $12! I have been told, when shopping at Hobby Lobby never pay full price for anything. If you see something you like, chances are it will go on sale soon anyways! That is what I love about Hobby Lobby...sales, sales, and more sales!

That's all for now. Come back as I post more next time! Blessings!

1 comment:

  1. Love those fall décor items! And those sound like fun activities to enjoy with your little one! **Hugs**

    ReplyDelete