Wednesday, August 24, 2016

Blessings

Well, this week I put out a little bit more of my fall decor. Just a little at a time. As I put up my new fall banner that says blessings my heart stirred and I got choked up.
Immediately my mind went to the song by Laura Story called Blessings. A few years ago, my family lost a dear friend to an unfortunate disease. The disease came over her suddenly and took us all by surprise. She was a prayer warrior, and had the sweetest heart. I never met anyone quite like her. She would make it a priority to pray for you and anyone important to you even if she did not know them, and she always had words of encouragement, or scriptures to share. In the last moments of her life, she began to lose ability to talk, but right before her words left her, she shared something with another friend of ours. The song Blessings had just been recently released, and she told our friend that the song deeply touched her and she felt like the song was written for her trial that she had to walk through. How amazing that those were some of the last words we heard her speak. Even at the end, she knew that in order to go on another day, she had to look up and gain strength from our Lord. As I put up the banner, and the words of that song flooded my memory, I began to cry. I put that song on and listened. It was as if from Heaven she was cheering me on and reminding me to look up and count my full blessings--to remember that all we have comes from Jesus. At the end of the day, I want to remember this. Even on my worst days, all that I have, can be offered back up to the Father. He will keep safe what He has entrusted to us here. I will never forget Bev, and the legacy that she left behind that still lives on today. I feel blessed that everytime I look at my blessings banner, I will remember her, remember the song, and remember to give it all back to Jesus..."the author and perfector of our faith."

No comments:

Post a Comment