Tuesday, September 27, 2016

My Fall Home Decor

As promised I am putting up pictures of the fall decor I have set out around my home. I am definitely not a pinterest worthy decorator, so don't expect extravagance! Heehee. I am just an honest decorator at heart that makes do with what I already have, and with the few fun items I have collected. I grew up with my Mom making a big deal about the changing seasons, and decorating for them. She made it fun for us kids, and I hope to be doing that for my son as well. I really enjoy watching youtube, or seeing other blogs, and seeing what others have done to decorate their places. I hope you enjoy mine! Have a good week and be blessed. Welcome to my Fall home!

Our living room: The picture quality is not the best, and I apologize for that. I find my living room to be very relaxing with the large picture windows on both sides of the house. This one is looking out to our backyard. I just added a small fall pillow that I found at a local CVS.

Here is where I hung the cute sign I bought at Dollar Tree back in August. On the shelves I have some pumpkins I had from years ago, and a cute light up acorn from Big Lots last year. I also found a cute apple sign from an apple orchard we went to a couple weeks ago. I really am loving the window pane that I found on Amazon this year. Please excuse the few holes in the wall left from the previous owners. We still have not decided how we want to paint this new house of ours ;)!



This little desk sitting in our dining room came from my Grandma years ago, and I try to decorate it according to the seasons to remember her by. She wrote many letters to her loved ones at that desk. The adorable towel I have draped over the basket is a gift, and then I had to put some pumpkins inside because, well, pumpkins are the best :)!

 This is more of the dining room, and no we are not keeping this wall color. Ha! Eventually we plan to paint this whole room as well, but for now, I am just having fun with it! My favorite part of the dining room is the mirror with the cute wreath draped over it. I found both at Big Lots, and I am in love.
 Here is a glimpse of the kitchen. I know it might be a bit much, but I love leaves, and so I had to adorn the other love of my life (this coffee and tea bar), with them. I saw someone else put out cute drinking straws at their kitchen coffee bar. I am now on the hunt for some myself :)!
 This is the other side of our bright and sunny living room. I had to show it, because I am proud of this chair! I found it at an estate sale over the summer for $10 people!! It was a steal. I cleaned it up and put this slip cover from WalMart over it. This is where I spend lots of my devo time, and blog writing moments! I am so thankful for the way God blesses His people! He is so present in even the smallest details of our lives!
 Another corner of my kitchen counter. I love candy corn, and it is always on my counter as soon as Fall shows up! The adorable candle holder is from my Mom, and the cute fall plaque that says "bless our family" is from Hobby Lobby.
 This is in our kitchen as well. I found this desk at a garage sale over the summer for $20, and I enjoy it as extra work space, and of course extra decor space ;)! The adorable pumpkin wall art is a gift from my brother and sis-in-law, and the candle holder pumkin also had belonged to them years ago. I freaking love chalkboards! I would put them all over my house if I could find a place! This one is usually used for my weekly menu, but not this time! Ha.
 I found this beautiful little shelf at Goodwill for $2.50. I don't shop there often, but when I remember too, I usually find something cute like this. Goodwill has lots of hidden gems worth hunting for!
 Lastly, this is my mantle. I found the cute owl, and pumpkins at the Dollar Tree, as well as the floral pieces, and the sign behind the candle. My son enjoys playing with the pumpkins. I hide them, and he goes around finding them and putting them in a little basket.
Like I said, nothing extravagant...just simple easy touches here and there. Most of my decor is put up high out of reach these days, and I am finding that shelves are a must! I think it only fair to add one more picture to the mix, since I am a Mommy, and I gotta be honest. Messes are a part of everyday. Here is what my house really looks like in every room of the house ;D...
 And of course, here is the reality of my adorable chair. My adorable son and dog love jumping on it very much as you can see ;) ;)! Mommy-hood is about enjoying life! I am embracing the messes, because the laughter usually is a part of the mess. I mean really, this last picture melts my heart. This is a true typical day for me, and I am thankful for every moment of it! Be blessed and happy Fall ya'll!!!
This week I am linking up with #IntentionalTuesdayLinkup

3 comments: